Only the pros know this secret golf tip
Sunday 8th September 2019
If you are reading this, I assume you want to find out the secret that all the pros use to improve their game. Keep reading to find out how restrictions in the body can halt your performance and discover the vital game changer most of the pros are using!
Golf, what a great game! Frustrating at times, no doubt, but one of the best games in the world, nevertheless.
If that is how you feel about the great game, what could be more frustrating than not knowing if you're reaching your full potential?
Golfers are consistently attempting to improve their ability each time they play, whether that be improving their swing or increasing their drive, but so many golfers are missing the secret tip which will inevitably improve their game.
Regular golfers can find it hard to perform at their highest level when things don't just seem right with the body, and sometimes they don't even know it!
Some common physical restrictions and how they can affect your swing are:
- Limited ankle dorsiflexion - early extension
- Limited shoulder flexibility - loss of posture
- Restricted hip rotation - sway and slide
- Poor core strength - reverse spine angle
- You may not even know that there are limitations in your game, but with these, your game will not be as effective as it should be despite how much work you put in on the practice ground and the putting green.
Golfers with pain should:
- Use proper back mechanics when lifting your bag
- Bend through the knees (squat) when retrieving the ball
- Consider switching to a putter with a longer shaft
- Slow down the backswing to minimize rotational stress on the lower back at the top of the backswing
- Adopt a big shoulder and hip turn on the backswing (classic swing technique)
- Make sure body weight is properly shifted to the right foot during the backswing, and that the arms and shoulders are kept within the plane of the swing at the top of the backswing
But how do we diminish the pain altogether, and stop it returning?
The pros secret tip is... Chiropractic!
This is what Tiger Woods had to say on chiropractic treatment:
"Being a Chiropractic patient has really helped me immensely...lifting weights and seeing a Chiropractor on a regular basis has made me a better golfer. I've been going to Chiropractors for as long as I can remember. It's as important to my training as practising my swing."
So, what does chiropractic do to improve our game?
Chiropractic focuses on the spine and nervous system, making it easier to twist, move and perform at a high level. After chiropractic care you can feel more flexible, free of pain and even see an instant improvement in your swing!
Pros such as Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy have regular chiropractic treatment to keep them performing at their best, and it doesn't just need to be the pros.
Pro golfers often see their chiropractor before a big event to reduce the chance of injury and allowing more mobility in their movements. One of the main injuries golfers face is constant back pain, this is due to poor posture and a quickfire twist in the hips.
How important is posture?
Important!! How do we know our posture is correct? it can be easy to believe we are standing in the right way as it feels natural much like the image below, leaving us hunched over and unable to make the most of what could be a phenomenal drive.
This will eventually give the golfer back pain that can halt playing golf altogether. For most, golf is a passion as-well as a game, so experiencing pain can be dramatically frustrating and upsetting.
The secret with Chiropractic is that your posture starts improving, making it second nature to stand tall and make the most of your standing position.
Assisting with posture along with minimising pain and improving a golfers swing is the main reason pro golfers choose to receive chiropractic treatment on a regular basis.
Is this a secret you should pursue?
Many of the top athletes today use a chiropractor to maintain their peak performance. Getting regular adjustments, keeping muscles in balance, and our nervous system functioning at max capacity is exactly what the athlete needs to take their game to the next level. Proper bio-mechanical structure allows for the athlete to function at their very best.
If improving your game is something you would like to do, if following the pros secret and subtle advice inspires you to up your game then chiropractic can be the vital key.
- Decreasing pain
- Making your overall game better