Sports therapy is not only for those who are involved in sport in some way.
Tight muscles, tension and restriction in the muscle fibres can be caused by sitting at a desk all day, gardening, postural problems or trauma such as whiplash, torn tendons or ligaments resulting in pain and muscle tightness.
Massage is effective at:
- Easing muscular stress, tension and pain
- Improving flexibility for efficient movement
- Preventing injury by maintaining muscles in optimal condition
- Promoting healing and recovery
- Improving muscle tone
- Reduces muscular scar tissue
- It is also good for stress management by countering the detrimental
- Physiological effects of stress releasing endorphins (feel good chemicals) that help us relax and therefore help to reduce anxiety levels.